Wednesday 27 January 2016

Racist experienced

I personally experienced racism. I come from a Chinese race family, however we live in Indonesia. My sister and my brother are stereotypically Chinese looking. They have slanted eyes and fair skin, where i don't have both of it when i was a kid. I don't look like my parents nor my siblings. I have big, double eyelid eyes and brown skin. Therefore, every Chinese New Year my family went to the others relatives house and they will be asking the same question again and again. "Who's daughter that you bring along with you?", " She is your daughter?", "Is she your neighbour's daughter?", "Is she adopted?", "She looks like Indonesian, not Chinese". They are all said that because I don't look Chinese at all. All those words really hurt my feelings when i was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment